WASHINGTON — A woman has died after a Northwest D.C. home without working smoke detectors caught fire Tuesday night, D.C. Fire and EMS officials said.
The woman was rescued from the burning two-story row house after a fire broke out on the first floor just after 7 p.m. The home, on the 1800 block of North Capitol Street Northwest, did not have working smoke detectors, said D.C. Fire spokesman Vito Maggiolo.
The woman was taken to the hospital with critical injuries, but she later died.
No other injuries were reported.
Update Working Fire 1800 block N. Capitol St NW. Fire 1st floor 2 story row house. 1 victim rescued by #DCsBravest and being transported to hospital. Bulk of fire knocked down. pic.twitter.com/3Vzoy882NG
— DC Fire and EMS (@dcfireems) December 5, 2018
Update Working Fire 1800 block N. Capitol St NW. 1 adult female victim…
Original published: 2018-12-05 03:18:36 Read the full Washington News here
Some local news is curated - Original might have been posted at a different date/ time! Click the source link for details.